Roll up! Roll up! 12th Cambridge is raising funds to pay for improved toilet facilities at the hut. Our plan is to build modern, accessible toilets to replace the Victorian-style ones that we currently ‘enjoy’.
To help with this, we are running an auction of lots at our Summer Party, to be held on Monday 23rd July 2018. The auction will commence at 7.30pm.
William, one of our scout leaders, has been busy around Cambridge securing a whole host of fine lots for you. Fancy scuba diving, roller-skating or a meal, theatre tickets or a new haircut? How about punting on the Cam or a back massage? Perhaps tennis is your thing? Maybe you have a friend that would appreciate a gift of climbing or a voucher for art supplies? You are bound to find something that you would like in our list of auction lots below!
Can’t make it to the live auction on the 23rd? No problem! We will accept online and email bids in advance. Simply read the auction rules and submit a bid using the form below, or email the auctioneer with your bid details.
So, get bidding and enjoy the fun of the auction!
|1||Meals/drinks at ITSU||For three people||–|
|2||Back massage||At Optimum Beauty St Ives.
Valid until sept 2018
|3||Scuba Diving||Two try dives at Chesterton
Sport centre, Thurs evenings 19:30. Valid for 2018. Must be aged 10+ and a swimmer
|4||Haircut at Wacky Hair||Voucher||£35|
|5||Meal at Zizzi||Voucher||£30|
|6||Art supplies at Tindalls
|7||Hairstyling at Vision Hair
Design Histon Rd
|8||Meal at Golden Wok Histon
|9||Family membership at Hill’s
Rd Sports and Tennis Centre
|1-year family membership.
Also includes £25 activity voucher
|10||Climbing at Clip and
|Voucher for two 4 – 16 year
olds. Valid until December 2018
|11||Meal/drinks at the Old
|Voucher to spend in bar or
|12||Saturday class at St Ivo
|Voucher for 2 people to
attend. Valid until june 2019
|13||Chesterton Sports Centre
|Adult only. Valid until 23
|14||Theatre school at BodyWork||One week of lessons at
|15||Bowling at Milton Outdoor
|8 people for bowling.
Afternoons. Includes tea and biscuits
|16||Tennis membership –
Cambridge Lawn Tennis Club
|Membership for two children||–|
|17||Just Tanning voucher||Adult only. Valid until Dec
|18||Squash/Tennis at Ley’s
|2 squash courts and 2 tennis courts for one hour||–|
|19||Adult learning at
Coleridge, Parkside and Trumpington
|Any 10-week course or
|20||Yoga at Satnam Yoga||Voucher||£25|
|21||Meat vouchers -Andrew
Waller Butchers & Art of Meat
|Includes a disposable BBQ ,
disposable cutlery and tablecloth.
|22||Bing Live pre-school show
at Cambridge Corn Exchange
|Two tickets. Show dates 29
or 30 september
|23||Tickets – Corpus Playroom
or the ADC Theatre
|2 free tickets to any
production. Valid until 23/6/19
|24||Roller skating||2 taster sessions at Ely
and Chesterton United Rink Hockey Club
|25||Punting||All day self-punting
(weekday) in direction of Granchester meadows or college backs
|26||Photo shoot at absolute photo uk.com||Voucher, valid until June
- The auction will be a two-stage auction: 1. Bids are invited in advance by online form below or email to email@example.com 2. A live auction will be held at 12th Cambridge Scout Hut on the evening of Monday 23rd July 2018. The auctioneer at the live auction will be provided with details of all bids made in advance.
- Bids made by email should clearly include the following information: name, phone number, lot number and brief description of the item being bid for and the bid amount. Bids for multiple items may be made in the same email.
- 12th Cambridge has exercised due care in the preparation of descriptions of lots. In the event of these descriptions being shown to be materially inaccurate, winning bidders have the right to withdraw their bids.
- 12th Cambridge reserves the right to withdraw any lot from the auction without notice or explanation. Further, it reserves the right to set a ‘reserve’ price for any lot. If the highest bid is below the level of the reserve, the item will be deemed not to have sold at auction.
- Bids made online and by email are ‘sealed’ bids. They will be passed to the auctioneer before the live auction but otherwise remain confidential.
- In submitting your bid, you agree, if successful, to pay an amount up to the value of the bid. For advance bids, the actual amount payable will depend on the level of the 2nd-highest bid.
- For winning online/email bids submitted in advance of the live auction, the winning bidder will pay the amount bid by the second-highest bid, plus £1.
- For winnning bids made in person at the live auction, winning bidders will pay the amount that they bid.
- If two or more bids for an item are exactly the same and the highest of all bids, then the bid made first will be deemed to be the winning bid.
- The cut-off for online/email bids being accepted is 11pm on Sunday 22nd July 2018. Online/email bids made after this time will be deemed invalid and discarded.
- Winning bidders will be notified of their purchases within 48 hours of the end of the live auction. They will be encouraged to pay for their items by direct bank transfer (account details will be provided). Alternatively, cheque made payable to ’12th Cambridge Scout Group’ or cash will be acceptable at the live auction.
- All proceeds from the auction will be received by 12th Cambridge Scout Group (registered charity number 300711).
- Privacy: all personal data (name, email address, phone number etc) submitted via the online form below, or by email, will be kept confidential by 12th Cambridge Scout Group. It will be used only for the purpose of running the auction and to contact the winning bidders. It will not be submitted to any third parties. It will be deleted immediately after the auction.
- Any queries concerning the auction should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org The auctioneer’s decision is final.